Apple Maps has been around since the launch of iOS 6 in 2012. Even though Apple wants to improve it, it has been involved in some issues that cause problems when using it on your iPhone or iPad. In this article, we will talk about some potential solutions that can help fix Apple maps not working on iOS 13 and make sure everything works as intended again. Let’s take a look!
1) Update Location Services
Sometimes glitches in maps happen because of a bug in location services. If you’re experiencing Apple Maps not working while using GPS, try turning off and on Location Services again. For some people, that solves most problems with both Google Maps and Apple Maps apps.
- Make sure Location Services is turned on for both apps by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Google & iPhone native maps app,
- then make sure to turn it back On when your done. It can also be helpful to turn location services off, reboot your device and turn it back on again.
- You could also try turning off cellular data or Wi-Fi if you have those options available for you under settings as well.
2) Reset Network Settings
If your location services have been activated, you might be able to fix Apple maps not working by simply resetting your network settings.
- From Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, a simple process that will fix many glitches but only takes effect once you’ve rebooted.
- Restart Your iPhone: Like many other software solutions for bugs and system issues, restarting can be a quick and easy way to fix an otherwise complex problem
3) Turn Bluetooth Off and On
If your device is constantly losing or gaining connection with your phone’s Bluetooth, try turning it off and back on. After you turn it off, make sure to wait a minute before turning it back on. You can do so by heading into settings (swipe up from bottom of screen) and then clicking Bluetooth near the top of screen. When you turn Bluetooth back on, check for Apple Maps updates by doing a hard reset by holding down Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until you see an Apple logo appear. If that doesn’t work, head over to Settings > General > Software Update (swipe up from bottom of screen). Click Download and Install.
4) Force restart iPHONE
First thing you need to do is try and force restart your iphone. Press both power button and volume down button together until you see Apple logo appears on screen. This will help your phone regain connection and solve Apple map not working ios 13 problems. To check if it’s fixed, open any app that uses location service such as Facebook or google maps or any other navigation app. It should work now without any problem whatsoever. If it didn’t solve your problem, continue reading below for other potential solutions for apple maps not working ios 13, 11 and 10 versions.
5) SET DATE AND TIME
The first thing you want to do is set your date and time. When your time zone is wrong, Apple maps will not work as intended. If you have changed your time zone or never change it, make sure that you do so. This helps Apple maps calculate and display locations correctly based on user’s current location. Other factors such as daylight saving time can also lead to inaccurate or misleading data if not accounted for correctly in apple maps app settings. So ensure your phone’s date and time are always up-to-date with appropriate local settings if necessary. It is a good practice to check whether Apple map setting are showing information appropriately after changing any local setting that may affect it.
- Navigatebto Settings from the Home Screen then click on General Then click on Date & Time right now click Toggle ON ‘Set Automatically’ tab by sliding to ON
- Relaunch Apple Maps
Check if it resolves the problem or not.
6) FORCE CLOSE APPLE MAPS
if you have Apple maps apps running in background, it can cause issues with your current location. As soon as you realize that you are having problem with Apple maps, force close it and restart your iPhone or iPad. Force closing will make sure that there is no application running that might be conflicting with Apple map app. In order to force close an app: double tap home button, swipe up all apps from screen, press and hold on app icon until minus sign appears then release. To open Apple map again after you do force closing please follow procedure below.
- Using your finger, slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen while on the iPhone home screen.
- Pause slightly in the middle of the screen and the app switcher appears. It displays the running applications, which are presented in the form of an application card.
- Then locate the Apple Maps app card among all the running apps by swiping to the left or right.
- Slide your finger up on the Apple Maps app card to force it to close.
- Restart the Apple Maps app and see if the problem is resolved.
7) Update to the latest software
The Apple Maps app needs a constant data connection and GPS signal in order to work. If your phone’s Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is off, then maps may not be able to sync with your location. Make sure that any apps you’re using are fully updated and that you have good cell coverage before using Apple Maps. Alternatively, turn off cellular data while using maps, if you don’t want to use up all of your data plan with one app.
Here is the steps to update:
- Navigate to Settings from the home screen of your device
- Next, click on General.
- Press on Software Update. Your device will now check for available updates. For some devices, this may take a while depending on the connection.
- When there is a software update available, click on Download and Install. The download process will start automatically.
- When no updates are available, it means that the software is up to date.
- Launch the Apple Maps app again and try using it to see if the update solved the problem.
- The L2TP Connection Attempt Failed: Understanding and Fixing the Security Layer Processing Error
- Unleashing the Power of DF DFERH 01: A Comprehensive Guide
- What browsers support flash 2023
- How long does it take for ps4 controller to charge? Tips for Faster Charging
- Top Bottleneck Calculators 2023 for Optimizing Your PC Performance
Here is info about apple support.