How to mute someone on instagram ? It may be rude to unfollow a new colleague on Instagram. If you don’t want to see their stories or posts, but want to continue messaging them, try muting them. Here’s how to mute someone on Instagram.
If you mute someone’s profile, Instagram will not notify them of your actions. In order to mute someone’s posts or stories (or both), you can do so in a couple of ways. Here’s the first.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram
From the iPhone or Android Instagram app, go to the profile of the person or page you want to mute.
- Here, tap the “Following” button at the top of the profile.
- Tap the “Mute” button on the menu that appears.
- Now tap the switch next to Posts and Stories. You will no longer see their posts in your feed and Instagram Stories will be hidden by default.
- If you just want to mute someone’s Stories, you can tap and hold their profile icon from the Instagram Stories row at the top of the mobile app to bring up the menu.
- Please tap the “Mute” button from here. The other person’s story will be instantly muted and hidden.
- If you want to mute someone’s post when you find it in your feed, tap the three-dot menu button near the top of the image.
- Here, select “Mute” from the menu.
- Now, if you just want to mute their posts, select “Mute Posts“. If you want to mute their posts and stories, select “Mute Posts And Stories“.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram
If you mute someone, you can still view their posts and stories at any time by accessing their profile. To mute someone, tap the “Following” button on their profile again and select “Mute” from the menu.
Now tap the switch next to “Posts” and “Stories” to unmute their Instagram profile.
How to unmute someone on instagram
Unmute a story, post, or both on Instagram
To begin unmuting, first launch the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device. In the app, locate the profile you wish to unmute.
- On your profile page, tap “Following” under your username.
- A menu will appear from the bottom of your phone’s screen. Tap “Mute” in this menu.
- In the “Mute” menu that opens, turn off the “Posts” option to mute the user’s posts. To mute a user’s stories, turn off the “Stories” option.
- You can control both options separately, so you can enable one option and disable the other.
How to mute someone on instagram story
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Step 2: Next, at the top of your feed, tap and hold on the profile picture of the person you wish to mute.
- Step 3: Now select “Mute“.
- Step 4: Finally, then tap “Mute Story“.
Why can’t i mute someone on instagram
There are many reasons why you cannot or do not want to mute. Here are some of them.
- Your Instagram app is not up to date.
- You are blocked.
- This could be a bug, try later.
- Try restarting the app and if possible your phone as well.
- This feature is not available in your country or region.
- Clear your phone’s cookies and cache.
- Uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
- You are also being ignored or muted (unconfirmed).
All of the above reasons are my personal assumptions. However, this feature is available to me and works perfectly. Also, Instagram has not discontinued the mute feature.
What happens when you mute someone on instagram
Instagram will not notify anyone on your account that you have muted. Therefore, you will not receive that notification. Also, if you think they cannot see your posts, you are mistaken. They will not be able to see your posts, the only thing they will need to mute is your side. I hope this explains everything.
However, if you want to mute someone just because they do not see your posts, you cannot mute them. You can’t mute them, you have to block them so that they don’t see your posts. You can also make your account private. However, even if the account is private of existing posts, they will all be seen. New posts will not show up.