How to turn off Samsung S20? For devices that have already made the switch from the Power button to the Side button, turning off the device won’t be as straightforward as it used to be. The Power button has been replaced by the Side button, which means you have to follow a different procedure from what you’re used to. Here’s how to turn off Samsung S20.
how to turn off samsung S20 without screen Using physical hardware buttons
You may find it difficult to carry out certain actions such as powering off or restarting the device. Using software navigation keys:
- To turn off your phone, press and hold down both Volume buttons together for 3 seconds.
- This will enable you to bring up a menu of options including Power Off.
- From here, select Power Off option by pressing on Volume Up key once then hitting Home key once.
Doing so will force your phone into an off state while preserving any data that might be stored in RAM at that time.
Using the Rapid Control Panel
There is a shortcut in the One UI quick panel that allows you to shut down the phone without using the power button. But in contrast to One UI 2, the power menu shortcut is not visible in the quick panel directly anymore. However, you can still access this shortcut in One UI 3, but with an additional key. To do this,
- Slide down from the top of your Galaxy S20 screen to display the notifications screen.
- Press the quick settings panel to expand the quick panel shortcuts.
- Press the “Power Menu” shortcut at the top right, next to the Search button.
- Switch off or restart the Samsung Galaxy S20 from the quick panel in OneUI 3
- Choose Power Off or Restart to perform the desired action.
How to force restart Galaxy S20
You may need to perform a forced shutdown or a restart if your device is frozen, unresponsive, or goes into a boot loop. If this happens, a forced restart should get the device back to normal.
- In order to do so, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down and Side buttons for around 20 seconds.
- You need to keep holding the buttons until you see the boot screen with the Samsung logo.
- Press and hold the power button, then wait over a minute before pressing the power button again.
Can I reboot instead of turning off my Samsung S20?
You may find it difficult to carry out certain actions such as powering off or restarting the device. That’s because the Side button replaces the Power button on newer Galaxy smartphones and hence the traditional method doesn’t work anymore. To restart your Samsung, press and hold for 8 seconds, then tap Restart. While there are slight differences between specific Samsung models, most will follow similar steps. Here’s how you do it on an S20 if you have a similar device with a power button on its side: Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together for 8 seconds. This will force reboot your phone (note that shutting down might take longer than usual). What is a soft reset?
How to turn off samsung S20 without password
The two most common ways to turn off your phone are via a screen lock or password. You can find these options in Settings, Device Maintenance and Lock Screen & Security. One of them is Power off, which you can use to turn off your phone without having to enter any credentials. This is available on certain models of Samsung phones running Android Lollipop 5.0 or later, so check your device’s specifications before you try it out. While turning off with a password takes more time than doing so with a fingerprint, pressing that random key combo will almost always save you from tapping through an instruction manual.
- To do so, go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure lock settings > Power button instantly locks.
- Then tap Password and enter your preferred code (or tap Fingerprints if you have one set up).
- From now on, simply press the Side button three times quickly when your phone’s display is off to power down.
How to turn off samsung without screen
You can turn off your samsung phone or tablet without screen or keypad just following these easy steps.
Before following any of these steps, make sure you have charged at least 50% of your device’s battery.
- Power down your Galaxy smartphone using a special feature called Safe Mode .
- To do so, press and hold both Power and Volume Down buttons for about 10 seconds until you see a small box on top left corner with an exclamation mark in it (this indicates that Safe Mode is enabled).
- Now release both buttons but keep holding down Volume Down button until you see Safe mode in bottom left corner of screen.
- Finally, tap Restart option which will bring up a menu asking if you want to restart normally or enter safe mode again. Tap Restart normally option which will turn off your Samsung Galaxy smartphone instantly.
- That’s all! Your Samsung phone has been turned off successfully without using its keypad or screen.
Turn off samsung phone Using Bixby voice assistant
One of my favorite features on my Galaxy phone is Bixby. With a press of a button, I can use Bixby to perform actions like turning off my phone or locking it. If you want to turn off your Samsung device but don’t want to unlock it, you can use Bixby voice assistant instead. Here’s how you do it. Once in Bixby mode, say Turn off my phone (or Lock my phone, if that’s what you prefer). That’s all there is to it! This method also works for older Galaxy devices running Oreo as well as Android Pie phones like Galaxy S10 and Note 9. Enjoy using your new feature!
- The L2TP Connection Attempt Failed: Understanding and Fixing the Security Layer Processing Error
- Unleashing the Power of DF DFERH 01: A Comprehensive Guide
- What browsers support flash 2023
- How long does it take for ps4 controller to charge? Tips for Faster Charging
- Top Bottleneck Calculators 2023 for Optimizing Your PC Performance