As a Samsung device owner, you may have encountered the Samsung retail mode screen at some point, typically when performing a hard reset of your phone (Samsung Retail Mode Password List). The retail mode is used by Samsung and retailers to show off devices on display, but it locks users out of many functions and settings on the phone.
Thankfully, there are secret Samsung retail mode passwords you can use to unlock retail mode and return your Samsung phone to normal operation with full access. We have compiled an updated list of the latest Samsung retail mode passwords for 2022 to help get your device back up and running.
With the right password, you’ll be able to exit the retail mode screen and start using your Samsung phone as intended with no limitations. Read on to find the current password for your specific Samsung device.
Samsung Retail Mode: What Is It and Why Do You Need the Passwords?
Samsung Retail Mode is a built-in software in certain Samsung smart TVs and mobile devices used by retail stores to demonstrate device features. Once a customer purchases the product, Retail Mode needs to be disabled for normal use. To disable Retail Mode and activate your Samsung device, you will need the correct password, which varies based on the specific model.
There are a few reasons why disabling Retail Mode is important for consumers:
- Retail Mode limits device functionality. It is designed solely to showcase display models, so many standard features are disabled or limited. After purchasing, you will want full access to all the capabilities of your Samsung product.
- Retail Mode displays promotional content. The content, apps, and screensavers are designed to highlight device features in a store setting. They are not meant for long term use and can become annoying.
- Software updates are disabled. As long as Retail Mode is active, your Samsung device cannot download or install any software or security updates to keep it running optimally.
- Pre-installed up apps might not paintings properly. Some apps come pre-installed on Samsung devices but do not function fully with Retail Mode enabled. They require a software update to activate that is only possible with Retail Mode disabled.
To disable Samsung Retail Mode, you will need to input the correct password for your specific Samsung model. The passwords are not openly published, so you will need to contact Samsung support or your carrier to obtain the proper Retail Mode password to enter on your device. Once input, your Samsung product will reboot into normal operating mode with full functionality restored and ready for your enjoyment!
Samsung Retail Mode Password List for 2022 Smart TVs
To access your Samsung smart TV’s retail mode and factory reset the device, you will need to input a specific password code. The passwords are model-specific and change annually. For 2022 Samsung smart TV models, use the following passwords:
Samsung QLED 4K Q60A Series (2021)
To access the retail mode menu, press and hold the Volume Down and Channel Down buttons on your Q60A Series Samsung QLED TV simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the menu appears. The password is
Samsung The Frame (2021)
On The Frame Samsung TV, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Channel Down buttons at the same time for 5-10 seconds to bring up the retail mode menu. The password is
Samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA (2019)
For this 2019 Samsung 8K QLED TV model, press and hold the Menu and Channel Down buttons together for 10 seconds to open the retail mode menu. The password is
Other Samsung Smart TV Models (Samsung Retail Mode Password List)
Passwords for other 2022 Samsung smart TV models have not yet been released. Check Samsung’s website for your specific model’s password or contact Samsung support.
With the retail mode password, you can reset your Samsung smart TV to factory default settings, run diagnostics, enable demo mode and more. Be very careful when making changes in retail mode as they can affect your TV’s functionality if done incorrectly. Only access retail mode and make changes if directed to do so by Samsung support.
Retail Mode Password for Samsung Galaxy Phones and Tablets
To access the hidden menus and options in Samsung’s retail mode, you will need to enter a password. The passwords for Samsung’s retail mode are not published openly, but many have been discovered through trial and error by tech savvy users. Here are the known working retail mode passwords for major Samsung phones and tablets:
Samsung Galaxy S Series (Samsung Retail Mode Password List)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e: 797574184672
Samsung Galaxy Note Series
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+: 797574184672
Samsung Galaxy A Series
- Samsung Galaxy A10: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy A20: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy A30: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy A50: 797574184672
Samsung Galaxy Tab Series
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6: 797574184672
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019): 797574184672
To access the retail mode on your Samsung device:
- Go to Settings → About device.
- Tap on the “Build number” 7 times. This will enable “Developer options”.
- Go back to Settings → Developer options.
- Tap on “Retail mode password” and enter one of the passwords from the list above.
- The retail mode menu should now appear on your screen.
From there you can access options like enabling demo content, configuring display settings, and performing system tests. Be very careful making any changes in the retail mode menus, as some options could adversely affect your device if misconfigured.
Unlock Samsung Appliances in Retail Demo Mode
To unlock your Samsung appliance from retail demo mode, you will need to enter a password to restore it to factory settings. Retail demo mode is used by stores to showcase the product features, so you will want to disable this mode once you purchase the appliance.
The passwords to unlock Samsung refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers and other appliances from retail demo mode are:
- Hold “Energy Saver” and “Fridge” buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. Enter “11644” and press “Start/Pause.”
- Hold “Bake” and “Broil” buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. Enter “14245” or “24414” and press “Start.”
- Hold “Soil” and “Spin” buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. Enter “42272” and press “Start/Pause.”
- Hold “Less Time” and “More Time” buttons concurrently for 5-10 seconds. Enter “31415” and press “Start/Pause.”
If these passwords do not work or you have a newer model, you may need to consult your owner’s manual for the specific password to unlock retail mode. Some models may require holding multiple buttons simultaneously in a specific sequence. Be very careful entering these passwords, as incorrectly entering them multiple times could lock the appliance controls.
Once you have successfully entered the password, your Samsung appliance will reboot to factory default settings, enabling normal home use. Features like the showroom demo cycle will be disabled, and any non-standard temperature or cycle settings will be reset to factory recommendations. Your appliance is now ready for regular operation and optimized for efficiency and performance. Please refer to the owner’s manual for operating instructions and recommended first-time set up.
FAQ: Common Questions About Samsung Retail Mode Passwords
Samsung’s retail mode is designed to allow customers to test drive their devices in stores while limiting access to certain features. To access the full functionality of a Samsung device after purchase, you will need to disable retail mode by entering the correct password. Here are some common questions and answers regarding Samsung retail mode passwords:
What is the default Samsung retail mode password?
The default password to exit retail demo mode on most new Samsung devices is 0000. This includes smartphones like the Galaxy S and Note series in addition to drugs much like the Galaxy Tab series. Some devices may use 8888 or 1234 as alternative default passwords.
Where can I find the retail mode password for my specific Samsung device?
If the default passwords do not work to disable retail mode on your Samsung phone or tablet, you will need to obtain the password for your specific device model and serial number. This password can often be found on the device’s retail packaging, in the included printed materials, or by contacting Samsung support and providing your device details.
What if I can’t find the password to disable retail mode?
If you’re not able to locate the password to exit retail demo mode to your Samsung tool thru any of the advocated options, you will need to carry out a tough reset to return the tool to manufacturing facility settings. A hard reset will erase all data and settings on the device and disable retail mode, allowing you to then set up the device as new for personal use. The steps to hard reset a Samsung phone or tablet can be found in the device’s user manual or online.
Will a hard reset void my Samsung warranty?
Performing a hard reset on a Samsung device to disable retail mode should not void your device’s warranty. As long as you do not damage any hardware components during the reset process, a standard hard reset is considered a normal troubleshooting step and your Samsung warranty should remain intact. However, be aware that any data, downloads, or settings on the device will be erased.