How to see battery percentage on iphone 12 for a Widget on Your Home Screen? The Short answer is that you can’t. However, there’s a way to get around this by adding a new widget to your home screen so that you’ll always be able to see how much power you have left as well as when it was last charged. Here’s how to show battery percentage on the iPhone 12 from anywhere in iOS.
Use the Battery widget
- Touch any empty area of the iPhone home screen until every app starts shaking.
- Press the + button on the top left.
- Now swipe down and tap Batteries.
- Choose one of the three sizes and tap Add Widget.
How to show battery percentage on iphone 12
While there are many reasons to have your battery percentage visible, most people would rather not see it because it takes up valuable screen real estate. That’s why Apple has long hidden it. For those of you who do want to know your battery percentage, however, we’ve got you covered. And just in case you don’t already know how to show battery percentage on iphone 12, we’ll also go over that here—after all, that seems like something everyone should know! So without further ado, let’s get started…
There are two ways to add a widget with your iPhone’s battery percentage:
- The first is through Control Center and it works on any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or later.
- Just swipe down from anywhere on your home screen and tap Edit at the bottom right corner of Control Center.
- Now find Battery and drag it into one of your slots at the bottom.
- You can move around any other widgets by tapping and holding them until they jiggle, then dragging them into place.
- Once you’re done with that, just press anywhere outside Control Center (or swipe up again) to save your changes.
If you’d prefer to use Notification Center instead, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from any part of your iPhone’s home screen and tap Settings .
- Tap Notifications .
- Find Low Power Mode , then toggle Show in Notification Center off/on depending on whether or not you want it available.
- Next, scroll down until you find Battery Percentage .
- Toggle Show Percentage off/on as desired.
- Finally, scroll back up and make sure Show in Today View is enabled if you’d like to see a little icon appear on your iPhone’s Today view page throughout the day showing how much charge remains.
That’s all there is to it! If for some reason either method didn’t work for you, try restarting your iPhone before trying again.
How to Add Battery Percentage to Widgets
How to turn on battery percentage on iphone 12
You can turn on battery percentage in Settings.
- To do so, go to Settings > [your name] > Battery.
- On iPhone X and later, tap Show Percentage to turn it on;
- For iPhone 7 and earlier, tap Estimate to turn it off.
That’s all you need to do! Make sure you have up-to-date software as well as up-to-date cellular service before you start showing your battery percentage in iOS (How Do I Update My iOS Software? Apple Support). How to show battery percentage on iphone 12:
- To add a widget that shows your iPhone’s battery level next to its icon, open your home screen or tap Edit at top right then drag an unused space onto it and pick Widgets.
- Scroll down to find Battery.
- Tap and slide it over where you want it—you can always move it later.
You’ll see how much power is left, plus a graph of how much time is left until your iPhone needs recharging. The widget works with any iPhone model running iOS 10 or higher. If you have more than one iPhone connected to your iCloud account, use Siri Shortcuts on one of them—or just ask Siri directly—to tell which one has low power remaining based on what’s shown in Notification Center.
How to add a Batteries gadget
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap General, then select Accessibility, then scroll down and tap Display Accommodations to open Accessibility Shortcut screen.
- Tap Battery under Customize Top Level Menu and toggle Batteries On/Off.
- Open Settings again > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Batteries to add a battery percentage widget on your iPhone’s home screen that shows how much juice you have left before needing to charge up again.
- Now when you swipe right from your iPhone’s lock screen or home screen, you’ll see an icon with a battery inside of it. Swipe it and get details about what apps are draining power or just check out how long until you need to recharge.
- To remove or rearrange widgets, go back into Accessibility Shortcuts in Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations
- If at any point things don’t seem to be working correctly, go back into settings and toggle off Batteries if it is turned on
- You can also choose which percentage to display by going into Settings > General > Usage & Storage and tapping on Battery Percentage
- You can choose between Low (10%), Medium (20%), High (30%) or Full (100%).
- You can also turn off Peak Power Reserve mode by going into Settings > Battery and unchecking Peak Power Reserve option
Note: This feature was introduced in iOS 11 so make sure you’re running iOS 11+ on your iPhone 12
Update: In iOS 13 Apple has removed the ability to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 as well as iPad Pro but you can still use third-party apps like Battery Life App ($2) to do so. It’s not ideal but better than nothing! 1
Update 2: As per recent reports, there seems to be a bug where some users are seeing their iPhone’s losing around 30% of its battery life overnight even though they haven’t used it all day long! So far no one knows why exactly is happening but there are ways to fix iPhone battery drain issue without having to reset your device and lose all your data!
How to remove the icon from the status bar
You don’t actually have to put it there in order to get your battery percentage. All you need to do is open up Settings, go into Battery, and flip on Battery Percentage. You’ll still see your battery icon at the top of your iPhone, but that number next to it will indicate exactly how much juice you have left. This also means if you want to remove it from your status bar, all you have to do is turn off that toggle switch under Battery Percentage. It really couldn’t be easier!
You can also –
- Open up Notification Center and then drag down from the top of your screen until you see a list of widgets appear.
- Scroll down until you find what looks like an outline of a battery with an arrow pointing towards it—that’s your new battery widget.
- Tap on it once and slide over to where it says Edit or Customize, depending on which version of iOS 12 you’re running (the name varies slightly).
- Select Customize, tap Battery Percentage and make sure Show Percentage is turned on before tapping Done in upper right corner.