If your iPhone won’t send pictures to Android phones, this could be because you’ve accidentally disabled MMS messaging. Alternatively, the issue might be due to a glitch. You can either force-restart your iPhone or close and then reopen the Messages app. If these tricks don’t work, don’t worry—there are plenty of other ways to fix your iPhone if it won’t send pictures to Android devices. Here are five more quick and easy ways to make sure that your iPhone isn’t sending pictures to Android devices incorrectly (or not at all). why can’t i send attachments from iphone to android?
Why won t my iphone send pictures to android
1) Force Restart
Try force restarting your iPhone. With it turned off, press and hold both Home button and Sleep/Wake button at same time until you see Apple logo on screen (about 10 seconds). As soon as you do, let go of both buttons. Then wait till your iPhone restarts before opening Messages app again. Sometimes an unexpected crash or freeze might stop your device from sending MMS. Force restart is a quick way to fix such issues.
In this case, one-off bugs might be the cause, so all you need to do is restart your device. Just for reference, a force restart is the same as a regular restart. A force restart kills all running processes. However, you can use Face ID if your model of iPhone is supported. Place your finger on the volume up button, then do the same with the volume down button.
- Once both buttons are held, tap the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- If you’re using an iPhone 8 or SE, tap the volume up button, the volume down button, and then the power button.
- For iPhone 7: Press the volume-down button and the power button at the same time, then release the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 6S, SE (1st generation) or earlier: Press the volume-down button and the power button at the same time, then release the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
- To lock the device, press and hold the Lock and Home buttons together and wait for the Apple logo to appear.
2) Close And Reopen The Messaging App
Closing and reopening your Messages app can fix all sorts of problems. This works especially well if you’re having issues sending pictures through Messages.
How to shut down an app on the newer models of the iPhone X
- When you swipe up from the home screen, you will stay in the middle of the screen.
- Slide to the left or right to locate the app you want to close.
- Drag up the application and let go to close it when you find it.
You can follow these steps on any iPhone 8, SE (2nd gen), or earlier model.
- Pressing the home button twice will take you to the list of recently used apps.To exit a program, scroll to the left or right until you find the app that you want to exit.
- To exit the app preview, you can tap the home button.
3) Try A Different iOS Device
First of all, if you have an older iOS device that still works, use it instead. Just because your iPhone won’t send pictures to an Android phone doesn’t mean you can’t take photos with your old iDevice. You could also try using a friend or family member’s iOS device. If they have a newer model, it might not be malfunctioning in the same way as yours is. There is also no harm in downloading and installing another messaging app onto your iPad or iPod touch; sometimes switching to another platform will eliminate glitches you aren’t aware of. Force-Restart. Afterward, open Messages again to see if there are any improvements in terms of sending images to Android phones.
- Tap Settings app > General > Software Updates
- If the firmware file is available, click Install Now
4) Check your MMS settings
Assuming your phone isn’t glitched, check your MMS settings. Sometimes an inadvertent change can prevent you from sending picture messages.
- Open Settings on your iPhone, then click Messages.
- Scroll down and click MMS Messaging. Make sure that Automatic is selected for everything except Group Messaging (so you can turn that off if necessary).
- If automatic isn’t selected, tap it until it is—this will restart your messaging app so you can see whether or not that fixes things.
5) Check That You’re Not In Airplane Mode
When you’re traveling, it’s easy to forget that your phone is set in airplane mode. This may not be a big deal when you’re browsing through Facebook at 30,000 feet, but it can be an issue if you’re trying to send pictures or videos to another phone. If your phone isn’t sending messages as expected, double-check that you aren’t in airplane mode.
- You can turn off airplane mode by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode on your home screen.
Make sure that Airplane Mode is switched off; if it’s on, tap it again so that a green switch appears beside Airplane Mode. That way, your phone will have access to data networks again and can connect with other devices.
6) Check if iMessage Is activated
Though this is unlikely to be the problem unless you have changed your messages settings, it’s always a good idea to consider this before moving on.
- This problem is with sending SMS messages, so you’ll want to confirm that SMS messaging is enabled. Here’s how
- If you’re using an iPhone, open the Settings app.Go to the Messages section by tapping on it.
- Ensure that both Send as SMS and iMessages are active (enabled).
Not able to send pictures to Android? On to the next step. Here are more fixes you can try.
7) Double-check for the Carrier Update
It’s important to update your carrier settings to avoid network glitches, which you may have experienced.
Here’s how you do it
- Go to the Settings app and click General and About.
- A pop-up will appear saying a carrier settings update is available when there is a firmware file to download.
- Click the Update option on the left
8) Enable or Disable Cellular Data
Though this solution has failed for me, it may work for other people, many of whom say that turning on and off their cellular data service helped.
Here’s how you do it: iphone won t send pics to android
- Tap Settings and find Cellular data or Mobile data
- Toggle it to the off position
- Allow a couple of minutes to pass and then toggle it on again.
- To switch to airplane mode, either swipe down on your iPhone screen and tap on the mobile data icon on the control center, or toggle on airplane mode through your Settings menu.
9) Contact Apple Support if iphone won t send pictures to android
The problem could be hardware-related. There is not enough information to tell what happened to your iPhone, but Apple offers a free fix for iPhones for up to one year after purchase, so you should contact your local store.
If your phone is within warranty, they may be able to replace your phone for free. However, if it’s out of warranty, you’ll need to pay a fee. When contacting Apple support, give them as much information about your problem as possible so they can address it more effectively. For example, tell them what version of iOS you’re using, how long you’ve had your device and whether there were any recent software updates before problems started. You should also make sure that Apple Support has all of your contact details on file so they can reach you if there are any delays in handling an issue.